Friday, September 20, 2013

wide smiles

"it took me a long time and most of the world to learn what i know about love and fate and the choices we make, but the heart of it came to me in an instant, while i was chained to a wall and being tortured.  i realized, somehow, through the screaming in my mind, that even in the shackled, bloody helplessness, i was still free: free to hate the men who were torturing me, or to forgive them.  it doesn't sound like much, i know.  but in the flinch and bite of the chain, when it's all you've got, that freedom is a universe of possibility.  and the choice you make, between hating and forgiving, can become the story of your life."

- gregory david roberts
shantaram 
(which is quite possibly my favorite book-
but that's a hard thing to put a title on)






image via.

No comments:

Post a Comment